Educational Support » CCMR » Financial Aid

Financial Aid

How do I create an account (FSA ID username and password)?

If you do not already have an FSA ID, you can create one.

The FSA ID process consists of these main steps:


  • Access the "Create Account" page.
  • Provide a unique username.
  • Enter your email address.
  • Provide a unique password. 
  • Provide your name, date of birth, and Social Security number (SSN).
  • Provide your mailing address.
  • Select your language preference. 
  • Provide your mobile phone number. Select the box to indicate if you would like to register your mobile phone to receive one-time secure codes if you forget your username or password. (You will be required to provide either your email address or your mobile phone number and to opt in to messaging before you can proceed.)
  • For security purposes, complete the challenge questions and answers.
  • Confirm and verify your information.
  • Agree to the terms and conditions.

Verify your email address and/or mobile phone number. This verification allows you to retrieve your username or reset your password without answering your challenge questions. Also, you can use your mobile phone number or your email address as your username when logging in to U.S. Department of Education systems. We'll also be able to notify you by email regarding changes to your account.

For Military Families
Hazelwood ActThe Hazlewood Act is a State of Texas benefit that provides qualified Veterans, spouses, and dependent children with an education benefit of up to 150 hours of tuition exemption, including most fee charges, at public institutions of higher education in Texas. This does NOT include living expenses, books, or supply fees. Click the image to access the website for more information and application. 
GI Bill benefits help you pay for college, graduate school, and training programs. The GI Bill has helped qualifying Veterans and their family members get money to cover all or some of the costs for school or training. Learn more about GI Bill benefits below—and how to apply for them.